efiboot problem while installing neon and ubuntu at the same machine

Fabio Rafael Rosa fdr at pid42.net
Mon Jul 17 14:30:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I tried to find some information about this problem, without success,
so, I ll try here.
I did install both ubuntu and neon, at the same machine. Its a new
machine, so, it boots using efi.
The problem is that, it seems that the grub configuration from neon ,
and ubuntu, gets messed up when both are installed. When both are
installed, grub configuration seems to be overriden by whichever gets
installed the last. I saw that grub-install does properly create both
neon and ubuntu folders at efi partition, and that the configuration
files for grub seems to be right, but, for some reason, what grub shows
is not what it is supposed to be.
Does anyone have a clue on what can be the problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards