appstream-generator

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Sep 26 13:42:57 UTC 2016

notes:
appstream-generator is broken because the version we are using doesn't
work with the version of libappstream we now have

(lib)appstream was updated to 0.10.1 to keep Plasma Discover happy

appstream-generator is used by job mgmt_appstream-generator and there
is a fresh checkout and build each Jenkins run
it builds this branch
 https://github.com/apachelogger/appstream-generator
which is a few months old and doesn't build with appstream 0.10.1.

The current master at
 https://github.com/ximion/appstream-generator
does work with appstream 0.10.1 but needs a new libarchive (3.2 which
is in Yakkety but not Xenial).

and this blocks user snapshotting so no new packages in user until its fixed

Jonathan