release -> user upgrade test issue

Raymond Wooninck tittiatcoke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 14:55:24 UTC 2016

On Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016 12:28:49 CET Jonathan Riddell wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

 > It has a problem upgrading some combination of these packages
>
> bzr-builddeb germinate libgpgme11 pkg-kde-tools python-apt
> python-apt-common python-gpgme python3-apt python3-germinate
> python3-software-properties software-properties-common
> ubuntu-dev-tools unattended-upgrades

Looking at the logfile, then one would say that the upgrade of python(3)-apt is causing most of the failout as that packages are depending on python-apt [ amd64 ] < 1.1.0~beta1build1 and now in this example python-apt is being updated to something with a higher version. Looking however at the actual requirements of ubuntu-dev-tools, then one can see that it just wants python-apt >= 0.7.93).

The same is valid for libgpgme11, which goes from version 1.6 to 1.8.

The only thing that is common among those packages is that the updates coming from Neon, and the failing ones from Ubuntu.

I have no idea about the script that is checking the upgrade, but it seems as if the scripts find a more stricter relationship between two packages.

Regards
Raymond