[neon] Cannot configure software sources

Paul Loughman snowhg at icloud.com
Thu Apr 14 23:09:50 UTC 2016

Kubuntu 16.04 (KDE neon)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.6.90
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.21.0
Qt Version: 5.5.1
Kernel Version: 4.4.0-18-generic
OS Type: 64-bit

(This is a do-release-upgrade -d 16.04 KDE neon from a fully dist-upgraded 15.04 KDE neon)

As of the package upgrades today (just ran sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade), plasma-discover-common was uninstalled/removed. It’s identified as a transitional package for plasma-discover and can safely be removed and may not be the cause, however, now I can no longer configure software sources. Clicking on Configure Software Sources brings up the password prompt dialog box and shows (here) that it will execute:

Command: /usr/bin/software-properties-kde - -attach 106954765 - -dont-upgrade

After typing in my password and pressing OK, nothing happens. I’m not presented with the usual window where I can choose the server to use, or to test them all for speed so as to use the one with the fastest response time.

Paul Loughman
snowhg at icloud.com