[neon] release update info

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Apr 11 17:01:42 UTC 2016

I've always wanted to get some idea of how many users install Neon and
there's a desire to get this sort of information in KDE generally.

So today when I was adding the settings to use our release data for
when to update to new releases (in git and at
http://releases.neon.kde.org.uk/) I made it add the machine id to the
url it was asking for.  It means we can have a good idea of how many
people use our software.

However I expect people will worry about it being intrusive and not
too compatible with KDE's new vision so I'm wondering what people's
opinions are on this and what are the likely arguments going to be?

Jonathan