Need help to test Ministro v9.6.3

Jorge Barreiro yortx.barry at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 23:18:39 UTC 2013

O Mércores, 23 de Outubro de 2013 14:04:41 BogDan escribiu:
> Hello,
>
>   I need your help to test the new Ministro. This version extracts the
> device theme from every DPI. If you have a device that you connect it to
> another display (e.g. a TV) , or if you have a padfone and you dock it to
> the padfone station, the screen DPI is changing and if the Qt apps will
> use the old theme they will look pretty bad. It also fixes a few bugs when
> it could not download all the libs.
>
> Please download the installer from
> here https://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/test/Ministro%20II%20v9.6.
> 3.apk There are two scenarios that should be tested:
> 1. upgrade the existing Ministro (run $ adb install -r Ministro II
> v9.6.3.apk). All the existing apps should work without triggering any new
> downloads. 2. uninstall the old one and do a full test. The apps should
> trigger the libs downloads.
>
> If nobody reports any regressions, I'll publish it on Google and Amazon
> after two weeks.
>
> Thank you !
>
> Cheers,
> BogDan.

Hello!

I've tested the new Ministro version in the emulator using android 2.2, and
the last necessitas version.

The first case, upgrading from 9.5 to 9.6.3, went ok. No new downloads nor
other tasks were triggered.

Starting with a clean 9.6.3 install triggered the usual extract and download
tasks, and the app started fine. But after closing and start it again the
android look and feel was gone, and the app had an old Windows appearance.
This behavior is consistent: after clearing Ministro's data, the first time
(right after the downloads) the app l&f is correct, but next time is not.

If I downgrade to 9.5 this keeps happening until I clear data and let Ministro
extract and download things again.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jorge Barreiro