Welcome, PostgreSQL, Bugs

Greg Ingram ingram at symsys.com
Wed Jan 23 20:25:34 UTC 2013

Greetings!

First, let me say that the work done so far is great. I've already been
able to compile Android versions of a bunch of my Qt programs.

Next, I have a gift. Many of my applications that actually *do* anything
use PostgreSQL - not the QSql* classes, but rather libpq. So I hacked
together a libpq.a that I can link with my Android/Necessitas apps. I
don't have patches against PostgreSQL sources because, well, it's
complicated. I have a Debian image that I mount and chroot to on my
phone. I installed and configured the PostgreSQL sources on my phone,
then copied the tree to the box with Necessitas. I edited just enough
makefiles to build the library with the cross compiler.

There's a tarball at:

      http://symsys.com/~ingram/necessitas/postgresql

It's just the headers and libpq.a. I unpack that tarball in the
necessitas directory and edit makefiles to find the include files and
the library.

What would it take to get libpq into the Necessitas distribution?

Would you like me to try to tackle the qpsql driver (bug #304224)? Would
a qpsql driver mean the QSql* classes would work with PostgreSQL? I
haven't tried building the Necessitas Qt framework yet.

Last, is it reasonable to say we want an Android app to behave, as much
as possible, exactly like it's non-Android counterpart? If so, I have a
handful of little UI bugs to report. Would those reports come here to
the mailing list or would I be expected to file them with the KDE
Bugtracking System?

Cheers,

- Greg