onKeyDown() for KEYCODE_BACK supressed

Micke Prag micke.prag at telldus.se
Wed Jan 9 14:23:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

Looking through the code for QtActivityDelegate.java I find the following rows in the onKeyDown()-method:
if (keyCode != KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK)
                QtNative.keyDown(keyCode, c, event.getMetaState());

Source: https://qt.gitorious.org/~taipan/qt/android-lighthouse/blobs/beta2/src/android/jar/src/org/kde/necessitas/industrius/QtActivityDelegate.java#line472

So basically the onKeyDown event for the back button is suppressed from the application. What is the reason for this?
The onKeyUp event is not filtered, only onKeyDown.

I am working on an implementation to ease up the back button handling, especially for QML-applications and this filters the event I am interested in.

Regards
Micke