Using use_local_qt_libs

micke.prag at telldus.se micke.prag at telldus.se
Thu Jan 3 11:03:23 UTC 2013

Ok. I might need to clarify what I am trying to do a bit more.

want a custom build of the qt libraries on the device. The ministro
folder is read only so I cannot replace them directly. My idea was the
following

1) Point my application to load Ministro libs (which I know
is working) as local.
2) Copy the Ministro libs to a new writable folder
and point the application there instead
3) Replace the libraries with my
version and hopfully the application will still work ;)

Currently I am
stuck on 1...

I don't mind doing things by hand and skip the "magic"
so I learn how things are working. Things will be much easier to correct
if something goes wrong. But maybe I need to install the
Necessitas/QtCreator? I am currently using the stock QtCreator with my
CMake setup and it is working really well for normal deployment...

> Hi,
>
>> Hi, Thank you BogDan. I
am not acctually using the QtCreator plugin. I am trying to do the same
thing but using the command line approach. Mostly for two reasons. 1)
Learning. This way I know what is going on and understands better how
things are working together 2) In the final project it is all integrated
in CMake so QtCreator isn't needed. So, back to my initial question.
Could the downloaded libs from Ministro be used as "local"? I know it is
not what I want in the end but it is a minor step so I can deploy my own
set of libraries to another location. Or is the directory structure
different when using local libs than the ministro folders?

> I'm
sorry but why you want to use Ministro's libs as "local"? Why your
application can't use Ministro's libs as they are? I'm confused ...

Anyway if you want to build your own Qt libs and use them as local, the
easiest way is to use QtCreator to deploy them to device, because it
does all the "magic" things for you.

> BogDan.
>
>> Regards Micke
steps I'm using to develop qt on android:

> 1. build qt for
Android.
> 2. Add it to QtCreator Qt Versions and Kits.
> 3. Import qt
build to QtCreator.
> 4. create a new application based on previous
kit.
> 5. check "Deploy local Qt libs" to push these libs to the
device.
> 6. start application and debug.
> 7. most of the time I need
to restart the debugging or to change only the application so I go to
step 6
> 8. (only if) I do some changes to qt.
> 9. build qt (build all
projects)