Necessitas alpha 4, a New Hope!

dipje joris.mak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 09:01:31 UTC 2012

Curious how you managed that. I'm not the only one who reported problems
getting it to work.

First I thought it was just the emulator image from the SDK 2.3.3, but then
someone reported the exact same problem on a real 2.3.3 device (still,
while real android 4.0 device _and_ android 4.0 emulator works fine).
What kind of device you use it on? It it android 2.3.3 but with a recent
processor? It might be that arm5 architecture has problems with the new Qt
libs  in testing.

I do a new install of Alpa4 SDK. I make sure to use the SDK and NDK
supplied with alpha4. I make a new Qt gui project, and just put a label on
the form to have something.
I take a new android 2.3 image from the SDK. I use adb to install the
latest MinistroII from the KDE site, and do the same with
ministroconfigurationtool.
I start the config tool, set it to testing, then build the just created
project in Qtcreator and let it run. It pushes everything, starts the app.
The app says it needs to download qt libraries (like it should, new image)
and happily goes downloading stuff. After that, it just disappears and
you're back at the launcher or homescreen of the emulator.
If you start the app again, you see the ministro splash image, and then a
second a black screen, and then back to launcher/homescreen.

It does this with emulator image 2.3.3, google-image 2.3.3, my old Htc Hero
with cyanogenmod7 (android 2.3.3) and a chinese cheap tablet with android
2.3.3.
If I do the exact same thing with any emulator 4.0 image, or my Htc
Sensation (android 4.0), or cyanogenmod10 (Android 4.1) or my Transformer
TF101 (android 4.1).. it just works and I see the app.

I tried turning off 'native look & feel', and I've been searching crazy if
I see an indication for 'sdk target' anywhere, because maybe it's set to
high. But nothing. The only api-target I see is already set to 7, while 10
or higher is required for android2.3.3.

So I'm at a loss.