wchar_t / QString::fromWCharArray bug

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Oct 20 20:49:12 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you that the Qt-Android port needs some fix in
QString::fromWCharArray() and toWCharArray() methods, because
on Android wchar_t == char (for the simplicity of bionic), which makes the checks
in the mentioned methods wrong.
E.g. sizeof(wchar_t) == sizeof(QChar)
which is never true on Android, and leads to Qt thinking it deals with 4-byte wchar_t arrays.
I'd say this also will lead to crashing apps as this methods will access illegal memory.

I don't know if this is the right place to mention this bug, but as Android is not an official
Qt platform right now, I assume I can not report the bug in the Qt bugtracker.

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion