Alpha4 update 1 landed on stable

BogDan Vatra taipanromania at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:20:04 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

  It’s been a very quiet period since we shipped the last update for
the alpha4 release. Because *nobody* reported any regressions, it’s
time to move it to stable repository. As I said in my previous
announcements after two weeks we’ll re-label it as our first beta, and
starting from that moment we’ll guarantee it’s API/ABI compatibility.

  Meanwhile I’d like to share with you a few (I hope) interesting numbers:
  - Ministro was downloaded by 2M+ devices in the last two months !
Unfortunately only just over ⅓ are still using it, mostly because they
didn’t find an addictive enough Qt application.  Anyway after we
release the beta, I hope some much more addictive Qt apps will land on
Google Play and we’ll get these users back quickly. Once again, I’d
like to thank KDE for hosting the Ministros repos, as you can see
Ministro generated a massive amount of download traffic (2M*20Mb =
~40Tb of data).

  - 44% of the devices that downloaded Ministro are low-end armv5
devices, so folks, keep this number in mind, and make sure that your
apps work well on these devices!

Cheers,
BogDan.