Test release of adb.exe for Windows.

Ray Donnelly mingw.android at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:26:27 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I've started to look into why adb.exe causes Qt Creator to hang on
Windows and have made a bit of progress [1]

This version avoids a hang at launch time. The specific hang it fixes
is that on the very first run where adb.exe spawns itself in daemon
mode if it's not already running. The problem was to do with Windows
file handle inheritance (which was brain damaged right up until Vista!
[2]). The patch has been pushed to AOSP [3].

I thought I'd get this out there ASAP to get some more testing on it,
put the .exe into $PREFIX/necessitas/android-sdk/platform-tools/ (you
may as well backup your original first too)

There is also a frequent hang when stopping debugging via the red
button that I will look into soon; though this may not be a bug in
adb.exe.

I built it with the latest git master branch, and had to remove some
WIP OpenSSL work that's being added but this shouldn't matter much.

Cheers,

Ray.

[1] http://mingw-and-ndk.googlecode.com/files/adb.exe
[2] http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2011/12/16/10248328.aspx