Comment & Questions

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 12:19:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

> Dear Necessitas Development Team,
>
> i was testing your SDK by an application i started to write. (An Origin Clone
> & a waveform viewer) But lately the sdk seems a lot worser than the one
> (0.3) before.
>
> What I have seen so far is that vertical sliders and horizontal/vertical
> scrollbars do not function .... Calender items are not visible .... +++
> What I see so far that it is tried to get  closer to an android java style ...
> but for me it is now nealy unusable ... thats a pitty ... I was really impressed
> how advanced the necessitas 0.3 was ...  but now I can't use it anymore ...

You can switch back to the old style, I created a new entry on this topic in the FAQ, check:
http://community.kde.org/Necessitas/FAQ#I_don.27t_like_the_android_style_plugin.2C_can_I_switch_back.3F

> Is that on purpose because of the digita take over of the commercial branch of
> qt.
>

> Beside that I have one Question. Is it possible to create commercial
> Applications with the necessitas suite ? I thougt yes because of the LGPL
> License of the qt-Libraries and I do not change anything there. I just use them
> ... but Ministro is GPL as far as I know  ... (Just to know to have the choice
> for later projects) ...

Yes you can. Ministro's description says: "The connection API protocol
used by applications to connect and query the service is released under
BSD license, it mean that any application (no matter if that application
is free or not) can connect and query its services.".
Ministro is a completely separate tool.

BogDan.