Necessitas is NOT ... (consolidating infrastructure)

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:24:37 UTC 2012

Am 17.03.2012 22:02 schrieb "Marco Bernasocchi" <marco at bernawebdesign.ch>:

> Marco Bernasocchi (mobile)
> http://opengis.ch
>
> On Mar 17, 2012 9:41 PM, "BogDan" <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >

> > [...]
> > > I can maybe do some of it, but don't we want to move all to
> > > http://community.kde.org/Necessitas and eventually shut down the sf
page?

> > It's up to you ! The problem is that currently the sf.net home page is
used by too may users to shut down it immediately, also it has an easier
and better bugtracker than KDE and google code, so, IMHO it will be wise to
keep them both and to use sf.net page as primary until we get something
better, but as I said, in the end is up to you !

> Ok, then lets stick to SF, and lets try to shut down the other
bugtrackers. Kde bt has only 5 bugs and google has only few more. Is it ok
if i duplicate them to SF?

> As well, can i get edit rights for sf? Im mbernasocchi.
If Necessitas want's to be a KDE project, it should use *all* KDE services
like:
- wiki
- git
- reviewboard
- project page (redmine)
- bugtracker
- mailing lists
- eventually forum
- download server
- dot.kde.org announcements
- yes, even planetkde.org

Only git, reviewboard and download server are used atm. mailing list is
half used.
Imho this situation is confusing and you should completely move to kde
infrastructure if you really want to be a KDE project (and not just have a
cheap download server)

I understand that you don't like bugzilla... that personal preference - I
don't like sf the bugtracker.

Niko