pressing hold/power-btn does not lock/unlock screen in native app

Nalin Savara nsnsns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:26:10 UTC 2012

Dear Friends and Senior Colleagues,

I have a android-Qt app; that uses Necessitas (and Qt widgets-- not qml)
and running on Galaxy Note.

When power-btn is pressed--- screen goes off; and seemingly locked (because
it's unresponsive to touch)... but when we press center-button OR
power-button--->> which should show us a lock-screen-- and prompt us to
unlock...

then, instead of seeing lock screen--- we just see the app... ie: the
screen/touch got powered-off--->> but it was not actually locked.

How to ensure that pressing power button makes lock happen in app built
around native activity ???

Do help... since it's getting rejected in a app-store's QA due to this
reason...

Thanks in Anticipation and Regards,

Nalin