Next alpha release of Necessitas

Willy Gardiol willy at gardiol.org
Wed Jul 18 10:50:43 UTC 2012

> So, don't say that Multitask is broken in Android, that's not true.
> Say instead that Qt in Android is still not supporting background
> applications in the best way, which is the only right argument we
> should
> attack.

I do agree with you on this, this is an area where things should be
improved in necessitas. I do not have the knowledge of Android required,
maybe you can provide some suggestions or code on the subject? It would
benefit a lot, and from my point of view, my app too, so i am willing to
help and test. Code also, but after somebody with a better knowledge can
start.

>> (a GPS tracker) where i would greatly prefer the foreground app to
>> be
>> closed rather mine, and without any notification so that maybe the
>> user
>> can restart it immediately (after proper curses to the funny
>> multi-task).
>
> You are not thinking as the user wants.

I am thinking as a user.. i want my tracking app to never close unless
i close it, before being the develoepr of my app i am it's user :)

but since this background closure is an issue with ALL thwe gps
tracking application i have tried so far, both some Android native and
my Qt ported one, i guess it's pretty much not understood by most of the
developers out there.

> Where are you running your application? it seems your
> lowmemorykiller's
> thresholds are wrong.

Samsung Galaxy SII, stock Samsung ICS (+root). I have tweaked my
lowmemorykillers to keep it running, and that's working. But with
default values it doesn't.

--
Willy Gardiol
willy at gardiol.org