Anyone working on native menus? Otherwise, I'll start on it...

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 10:36:34 UTC 2012

Hi,

>Ok.
>
>Let's split the work, then... What about me working on the menus and you on the style (I admit, I hate fiddling wit UI ;) )
>If I understand correctly, you plan to backport QT5 menus hooks in QT4, right? Is there an ETA for the API in QT5?

Yes, my plan is to wait till they finish the API and backport the API to qt 4.x, sadly AFAIK there is no ETA for this API, they have something but doesn't seem to be finished.  Check /qt5/qtbase/src/gui/kernel/qplatformtheme_qpa.h and qt5/qtbase/src/widgets/kernel/qplatformmenu_qpa.h

>I think I'll still try to implement it in QT4 as it is now, if only as a learning project... The Android part will still be reusable, I guess...
>I'd tackle the Options Menu first. The approach would be to hook on QMenuBar and add all children QAction to the Options menu...

It's up to you !
The implementation should be straightforward, IMHO the biggest challenge will be to re-implement the QMenu(Bar) without breaking the API/ABI.

>- Chris -

Cheers,
BogDan.