Integrating Qt Quick components in Ministro

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 15:29:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

   Yes, sadly we have to get our hands  very dirty.
   First step is to identify all Qt components then we have to find Android's corresponding components, then we must extract the style & look information to a central location (IMHO Ministro should do this job), then any application which starts will peek this infos from that location and use them to paint all controls.
   Second step is to check how Android paints the controls, here the things will become dirty, we have to check "frameworks/base/core/java/android/widget/TextView.java" from Android source code and it seems we have to use a lot of private data, I hope the Android versions are not so different.
  Third step is to change Ministro in order to extract all the infos we need to paint our controls.
   Fourth step is to create a QStyle plugin (which will be used by QML as well) which loads the data extracted by Ministro and use it to paint the controls. If the extract procedure is very fast (less than 10ms), I doubt it will be that fast :),  we can skip the third step and extract the data directly in  QStyle.
   Fifth step, if everything works, we must get drunk !

Cheers,
BogDan.