Integrating Qt Quick components in Ministro

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 16:27:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

>Hi Bogdan,
>
>Ok. I'm afraid it is not going to happen soon, then...
>
>Regarding "Android style", AFAIK toolbars and menu would have to be adapted, but then, from what I've seen, ICS seems to have a different appearance, so that would mean another specific "Qt quick components" for ICS.
>A possible solution would be to use the android system menus...

This is also my plan, I'll try to provide a simple API to handle the menus, we'll need to work together on this, but after I'll finish alpha 3 update 3 and alpha 4 releases.

>Regarding a common API, I've little hope to see that happen one day.
>Nokia didn't even bother to have a common API for their two platforms, and both are being deprecated, so...

It seems to me that they are almost there, only 5 are not finished, so IMHO a little patience will not hurt, also why to port an API which is already deprecated :) ?

>- Chris -

Cheers,
BogDan.