How to override default necessitas libraries

Nalin Savara nsnsns at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:58:31 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM, Kate Alhola <kate.alhola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some easy way to override default necessitas libraries ? Now
> question
> is that I have fixed libQtConnectivity.so . I can include it to my
> application libraries
> but how I can prevent necessitas loading original library before my fixed
> one ?
>
> Kate,
Easy way is to bundle your own patched libraries in the APK.
I had done this for Necessitas Alpha-3... and shared the same on KDE wiki.
***************************
Please have a look at this; I put it on first page of KDE Community portal
wiki... because at the time I felt this should be the top need...

(thanks a lot to XumuK, Izaar and also as always BogDan and Ray-Donelly...
as you are the giants on whose shoulders I am standing)
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Community_Wiki:Community_portal
And the source+qt libs source code:
http://community.kde.org/File:AndroidQt-BundlingQtLibs.zip
I will soon upload a better documented version of this to Git-Hub also.

It's for Necessitas Alpha-3... so it will solve Sebastian's problem also,
about deploying-- and will need some changing to bring to Alpha-4.
***************************

In my case, I wanted to change how the focus is handled by Qt Widgets (I
know... qt widgets are not prefered but still... so used this approach to
bundle+inject my own libraries-- atleast for testing

Had planned to update that for Alpha-4-->> and post on GITHUB-->> for which
I created a pre-liminary github account.

You can look at how I did it for Alpha-3-->> and do same/similar for
Alpha-4-->> and if you want, also contribute the code to my open source
project for that.

Regards,

Nalin