Testing alpha4 sdk is available

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Fri Aug 3 06:27:06 UTC 2012

I installed on Kubuntu 12.04 amd64 (Dell laptop)

First it prompted me to install open-jdk, the proposed apt-get command
to resolve the issue worked fine.

For the installation, I unselected all Arm EABI 5+ components. Noticed a
minor typo in Android SDK selection: API 9 (depercated) should be
(deprecated).
I added API 14 & 16, remembering (perhaps wrongly?) that prior to API 13
the emulator did not support Arm v7?

The installation finished ok, Qt Creator launched.

It's been a while since I last looked at Android, so I may be missing
something obvious to a regular user.

Step 3 below is a question mark to me, how do I launch the "Ministro
Configuration tool"?  Is it something that appears on device?

I also launched Android Virtual Device Manager from Qt Creator, but
trying to create a new device it complains: "Result of creating AVD xxx,
Error: Unable to find 'userdata.img' for ABI armeabi to copy to AVD
folder.   Perhaps this is due to me omitting the armv5?   AVD I tried to
create was for API Level 14 and 16.   Creating for API Level 10 worked,
but is useless for me as it does not support armv7.

Hope this helps,

Harri