Question about fonts

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Wed Apr 25 11:32:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I took a look at the ticket.   My guess is the problem is different,
related to locale/codec, as only the non ascii encodings fail and the
sample code snippet does not mention anything about encodings.

 From the docs:

QString converts the const char * data into Unicode using the
fromAscii() function. By default, fromAscii() treats character above 128
as Latin-1 characters, but this can be changed by calling
QTextCodec::setCodecForCStrings().

So if your source code is in utf-8 (default for modern linux distros),
then you need to call
QTextCodec::setCodecForCStrings(QTextCodec::codecForName("utf8"))

just guessing,

/Harri