qmlRegisterType problem

Andrea Bernabei and.bernabei at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 22:42:03 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I have this strange problem, I could not find a solution, so I'm posting
here....

I'm using qmlRegisterType to register my QDeclarativeItem to QML's
meta-system...(no qmldir nor .so needed, it's not a plugin)

but when I run the app I get "module (name) is not installed" ...

This only happens on my Archos G9 101 (ICS 4.0.3, just formatted)

The program works ok on Asus Transformer (ICS 4.0.3) and on Desktop!

Can anybody help me please? This is driving me mad...I see no reason why it
should behave like that...that must be some security policy which doesn't
let QML find the component...