Strange crash + Car3D

Willy Gardiol willy at gardiol.org
Fri Sep 23 16:16:37 UTC 2011

 I dont know if it's related or not.
 Doing some precision stuff under Qt on ARM i found out that anything
 that internally uses qreal is almost unusable on ARM, that is if you
 require some more precision than the usual. Because, for speed sake, its
 mapped to a "float" instead of a "double". Which works on man cases...

 Ezxcept, for example (my experience) take a QPainter and apply a
 QTransform with the right (small, very small) parameters
 QPainter::drawEllipse(..)
 QPainter::drawLine(...)

 when dealing with very small increments (example, an ellipse with a
 very small radius or a line with two points very close toghether) would
 crash straight away my Symbian device. I have devised the usual
 workarounds, of course, which involves using double and avoiding Qt
 internals. I had at the time also opened a bug report which lead to fix
 for at least the lines problem. The issue was inside Qt internal code.

 Of course none of these would happen on x86 target.

 So, maybe, there is again some more rounding issues also in QML? Have
 Qt been compiled to use double or floats for qreal?

 Maybe i am wrong and its unrelated, tough.