More patches

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Thu Sep 22 10:34:54 UTC 2011

> I check your patches almost all of them are ok, the last one I think is a
> misunderstanding, AndroidDeployConfiguration doesn't have any
> configuration which needs to be saved, I'll change it.
Yeah, I noticed that, I still think it's worth to introduce the
AndroidDeployConfiguration with it's own id. The main fixes are for the
DeployStep to store and restore the settings.

> I also tried to
> merge master branch but I had some problems, it seems you've made some
> changes to debugging plugin, so, I'll try tomorrow (night) to fix them and
> to test QtCreator then I'll push the changes.
When I last did a merge from master to the android plugin, the main merge
conflict was some code that is removed in master and was disabled in the
android branch via #ifdef 0. If there's more, I take a look too.

793031c7ba64ca7ba67c6a555bbab49ae2ec0b85 in master added the sdk updater
plugin. By default the plugin is disabled, you can enable it in your build by
setting the environment variable UPDATEINFO_DISABLE to false.

Also, I'm slowly getting a good overview of the code. I think it looks
reasonable well, though I don't think I understand all the interactions yet.
I do think there's not that much to be done before merging the plugin into
creator.

So the 2.4 feature freeze and branching is likely to be in the first week of
October with a release two months later. Also gerrit comes online mid October.
[1]
I'm more or less aiming for a merge into master just after the 2.4 branch was
created and gerrit is online, so that it is part of 2.5. (The 2.5 release is
approximately Feb/Mar next year.) That gives us plenty of time to fix some of
the remaining issues.

daniel

[1] gerrit would make it possible to move the development of the creator
plugin upstream, it's just so much better then gitorious.