Update on Bluetooth support

Lauri Laanmets lauri.laanmets at proekspert.ee
Wed Sep 7 09:56:17 UTC 2011

Hi, everybody

It has been a while since I started working on Bluetooth support. I
think it's time to give some status to let you know that I'm still alive
and working on it - although very slowly :)

I have the QBluetoothSocket already live and working and DeviceDiscovery
almost as well. The biggest obstacle right now is that I need to put one
Java library somewhere to listen to Android broadcasts. I have
implemented a generic broadcas receiver in Qt:

https://qt.gitorious.org/~pcspets/qt-mobility/proekspert-android-qt-mobility/blobs/master/src/connectivity/bluetooth/android/jnibroadcastreceiver.cpp

...and I need to place the corresponding Java part somehere:

https://qt.gitorious.org/~pcspets/qt-mobility/proekspert-android-qt-mobility/blobs/master/src/connectivity/bluetooth/android/JNIBroadcastReceiver.java

In my mind it's very-very Android generic and not exactly related to
special connectivity or mobility library. Any good place in mind?

Lauri