Slides for Devdays 2011 (98% final)

Espen Riskedal espen at cutehacks.com
Tue Oct 25 10:34:07 UTC 2011

> I read your presentations and I have a few comments (I hope you don't mind):

Not at all.

>  - page 38, you don't need to call showFullScreen, AFAIK it is done automatically.

Could be, the point here is just to show how the Q_OS_ANDROID diff change

>  - page 39, starting with alpha 3 you don't need that hack, I fixed it last night [1] ;-)

Excellent, wasn't that partially fixed already?

>  - page 41, I hope you are using QtCreator for that job :), if not, then check [2]  (search for "Manifest Tab").

Yes, used Creator for it all except the sdkMinVersion, that is not in
0.2.1 I believe.

>  - page 43, this values are set automatically by QtCreator, the user should only chose target SDK.

Yes, but I checked in the file so it would be remembered the next time
I load the project.

>  * page 35, alpha 3 brings also the Java wrapper code refactoring, now the whole wrapper contains only two simple .java files (QtApplication.java and QtActivity.java), the rest of the files now comes as .jar files and are loaded at runtime. So, the next alpha will act as a release candidate for first beta release ;-), actually if we'll not find any issues with this alpha release, this will be re-branded as beta ;-). Latter today I'll come with the full change log for alpha3 release.

cool, I didn't know this java refactoring was done. I'll mention that
when I explain the more intricate parts of the port.

>  I also want to add something regarding new Ministro service, I added a new (super :-p) feature which allows us to provide not only platform specific libs (armv5, armv6, armv7, x86, etc.) but also libs for specific CPU extensions, e.g. if your CPU supports VFP but the platform not (is the case of armv5) Ministro can download libs for armv5 *WITH* VFP flags turn on, also if automatic vectorization [3] will improve the speed will ship Qt libs compiled *completely* with NEON, where CPU supports NEON instructions, currently Qt detects at runtime if your CPU supports that extension and it uses NEON only in a few drawing functions.

I'll mention that when I talk about Ministro and support for different
architectures! :)

Ok, talk is in 30 minutes - cya later