Slides for Devdays 2011 (98% final)

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 07:37:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

Great work !

I read your presentations and I have a few comments (I hope you don't mind):
 - page 38, you don't need to call showFullScreen, AFAIK it is done automatically.
 - page 39, starting with alpha 3 you don't need that hack, I fixed it last night [1] ;-)
 - page 41, I hope you are using QtCreator for that job :), if not, then check [2]  (search for "Manifest Tab").
 - page 43, this values are set automatically by QtCreator, the user should only chose target SDK.

 * page 35, alpha 3 brings also the Java wrapper code refactoring, now the whole wrapper contains only two simple .java files (QtApplication.java and QtActivity.java), the rest of the files now comes as .jar files and are loaded at runtime. So, the next alpha will act as a release candidate for first beta release ;-), actually if we'll not find any issues with this alpha release, this will be re-branded as beta ;-). Latter today I'll come with the full change log for alpha3 release.

 I also want to add something regarding new Ministro service, I added a new (super :-p) feature which allows us to provide not only platform specific libs (armv5, armv6, armv7, x86, etc.) but also libs for specific CPU extensions, e.g. if your CPU supports VFP but the platform not (is the case of armv5) Ministro can download libs for armv5 *WITH* VFP flags turn on, also if automatic vectorization [3] will improve the speed will ship Qt libs compiled *completely* with NEON, where CPU supports NEON instructions, currently Qt detects at runtime if your CPU supports that extension and it uses NEON only in a few drawing functions.

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=android-qt.git&a=commit&h=5b1369ea270db0274bdc8b5ee66f1eaac0542c19
[2] http://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/wiki/How%20to%20write%20Qt%20apps%20for%20Android/
[3] http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dht0002a/ch01s04s03.html

Cheers,