Switch qreal from float to double on android ?

mingw android mingw.android at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:53:36 UTC 2011

Personally in my coding career I rarely have needed double precision.

"In speed terms, there's no difference between float and double on the more
modern hardware. Space-wise, double is 2x larger. As with desktop machines,
assuming space isn't an issue, you should prefer double to float. "

This doesn't take caches or memory latency into account so needs to be
taken with a large pinch of salt!

I think some benchmarking on a real real-heavy workload would be useful
here, maybe some image processing with a qreal for each colour component?

The
On Nov 24, 2011 7:30 PM, "BogDan" <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Someone point this issue on android-qt mailing list [1], I need your
advice on this matter. Also be ware, this change will break break the ABI.

http://groups.google.com/group/android-qt/browse_thread/thread/69f963eb45b7228d/ec92483bf585241f