Ministro on external storage

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Tue Nov 15 09:59:06 UTC 2011

[Cross-posted form
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-qt/Icj0kNx1fNY]

On my limited storage device, having 35Mb for Qt is barely manageable.

I have no experience in Android dev, but it seems that as of SDK 8 (2.2),
allowing an app to be installed on /sdcard is as simple as allowing in in
the manifest, and there is even a way to make it backward compatible with
older SDK's.

My first question is to know whether there are technical problems
preventing from doing this or just on the TODO list?
My (hacky)  second question is to know whether linking (on a rooted device)
/data/data/[...]ministro to the sdcard would work?

Thanks in advance
- Chris -

[/end of cross-post]

Probably a FAQ, but I didn't find any reference to this