Small list of issues from taking an existing app from Symbian to Android

Espen Riskedal espen at cutehacks.com
Sun Jun 26 19:09:23 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM, BogDan <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Local libs are not supported. Your application needs ministro.

I do have Ministro installed, but I'm guessing my Qt lib is not
looking where Ministro put the extracted files.

I see the code in Ministro now in
Ministro/src/eu/licentia/necessitas/ministro/MinistroActivity.java:
                                FileInputStream instream = new
FileInputStream(new File("/system/etc/security/cacerts.bks"));
                                for (Enumeration<String> aliases =
ks.aliases(); aliases.hasMoreElements(); ) {
                                        X509Certificate
cert=(X509Certificate) ks.getCertificate(aName);
                                        byte buff[]=cert.getEncoded();
                                        outstream.write(buff, 0, buff.length);
                                        outstream.close();

But, having this in Ministro seems a bit misplaced to me. QNetwork
should handle SSL connections regardless of how it got installed on a
device, either through Ministro, adb push or statically linked. I'm
thinking this is an init that needs to happen once per library - and
we could store the cached certs on a suitable location
(http://doc.qt.nokia.com/latest/qlibraryinfo.html#LibraryLocation-enum)
like QLibraryInfo::DataPath or QLibraryInfo::SettingsPath?

espen