Small list of issues from taking an existing app from Symbian to Android

İsmail Dönmez ismail at namtrac.org
Sun Jun 26 17:02:18 CEST 2011

Hi;

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Espen Riskedal <espen at cutehacks.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 4:30 PM, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at namtrac.org> wrote:
> >
> > Android really only uses Droid Sans Mono anyway.
>
> OK
>
> >> 2 - QSettings doesn't work (seems to fail to save)
> >
> > Can be a permission problem?
>
> Absolutely - I've got to digg a bit.
>
> >> 3 - Pixmap are rendered wrong (gradients stored in .png's are rendered
> >> very crudely)
> >
> > Screenshot?
>
> Attached.

Ugh I see it now, never saw that on any Android tablets.

>  >> 5 - https:// connections fail because of SSL errors (using
> >> ignoreSSLErrors() makes it "work")
> >
> > I did fix this for WinCE back in the day, you need to add certicate store
> > support for Android. Shouldn't be too hard.
>
> Is this a capability issue, or simply pointing Qt to the right folder?
> I'm assuming Android has a read-only-folder where all OK'ed
> certificates can be found and used by OpenSSL.

Seems to be more complicated, Android stores certificates in
/etc/security/cacerts.bks which is stored as Java certificate store and can
be modified with Java's keytool command. For a solution Necessitas can ship
its own ca-certificates package which what the Linux distributions does or
someone needs to add support for reading Java keystores to QSSLCertifcate.

Regards,
ismail