Install files, DEPLOYMENT

frameworks at qlands.com frameworks at qlands.com
Mon Jun 13 22:19:24 CEST 2011

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
	On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 20:56,   wrote:

> [...]
getResources().getAssets().open("some_file.xml")

 > I am working on some JNI bindings to get those Streams in QT.
	ouch, I can not open files direclty?
 How would I get access to it with your work?
If those files are as assets, I can get the stream to QT, them pass
it to a QByteArray...Then you can use them... This is only
theoretical, I will make some test tomorrow and keep you posted.
	> For the moment, you can copy those extra files in the SDCard and
access them
 > from there: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data for Android 2.2+ or
 > /sdcard/Android/data for android 2.1. The other way is to include
them as
 > resources in your QT library (will make the library very huge
though). If
 > they are coverage file likes raster or shape files I suggest to
include put
 > them in the SDCARD.
	...so reading files from there just works? QFile and absolute paths?
 They only question is... how to put the files there (I'm using the
 emulator only)
 For the emulator, you can create a virtual SDCard.. See here
http://blog.jayway.com/2009/04/22/working-with-sd-cards-in-the-android-emulator/
[1]

So you mount the virtual SD Card in /mnt/sdcard them copy the file in
for example /mnt/scard/Android/data/com.myexample.com/files. Unmount
and then try to load them from there. QFile work just fine...
 Carlos.

Links:
------
[1]