Install files, DEPLOYMENT

Espen Riskedal espen at
Mon Jun 13 20:48:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Niko Sams <niko.sams at> wrote:
> Hi again,
> now that libs are loaded (previous mail) the next step is installing
> files. qmake usually allows that using DEPLOYMENT - but I think this
> is not yet implemented.
> Please correct me, or tell me where I could implement it myself.

I don't think it's implemented yet, but I'm not sure. Anyways, I
believe the right place would to add the DEPLOYMENT handling in:
as it's where it's doing all the other AndroidManifest.xml magic.

Ideally this would actually be moved to qmake or some other
command-line-tool, so that it would work without Qt Creator as well.

I think it'll be pretty straight-forward to implement it.
qmake DEPLOYMENT is documented here:
AndroidManifest.xml is documented here:

The whole thing seems pretty similar (and better!) than the .pkg file
stuff for Symbian.