Merging the android plugin to Qt Creator

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at nokia.com
Tue Jul 26 14:39:48 CEST 2011

> [Lots of stuff....]
Thanks, that's a lot of progress already.

> >0005-Simplfy-template-code.patch
>
> Not pushed, without setBaseUrl thing, qml engine will add file:// in front
> of  the file and it will not work with current android assets
> implementation which need a file patch to start with a "/" or directly
> with its name.
Ah, that's reason. then I'd suggest moving the setBaseUrl to the private, that
is applying the patch + readding the setBaseUrl in the private class.

> >j) bin/necessitas and bin/necessitas.bat
> >The setting of ANDROID_NDK_HOST seemed to be a left over from before
> >setting it in androidtoolchain.cpp, so I removed it, see attached patch.
> >We used to have a similar LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting script on linux but
> >after some internal discussions we removed it. On windows
>
> Can you share with use your secret ?
Actually I don't understand the topic anymore and the expert on that topic is
on vacation.

> >p) debugger plugin
> >The debbuger plugin has quite a few changes, some of them seem to be
> >hacks. Also I'm not that well versed in the debugger plugins code, though
> >I discussed a earlier diff with the debugger maintainer (Andre).
> >I'm somewhat confussed whether you are using the python dumpers, or not.
>
> We are using python dumpers !
Okay, good so the changes to dumper.cpp are obsolete? See the attached patch.

> >So, the changes:
> >Adding "arm-linux-androideabi" to gnuTargets: fine
> >
> >soLibSearchPath: in general looks fine, andre mentioned some details he
> >wanted to see fixed
>
> Which one ?
We'll have to wait for him to be back.

> >u) Settings SystemScope to UserScope
> >Quite a few settings (if not all) are using the UserScope instead of the
> >SystemScope. Why is that needed?
>
> Because SystemScope is not user writable (if you'll install the SDK using
> "sudo" that file can't be written by a normal user), so we choose to
> move everything to user's home, if is not correct we'll revert that
> change.
I've discussed that with a colleague and I think I understand it now.

We used to have a wrong setttings setup, which you commented out in your code.
We've fixed that, though that change wasn't merged, and now the SystemScope is
in a directory writeable by a normal user. Also the Core::settings() method
already defaults to returning UserScope, so passing in UserScope is not
necessary.
Can you test the attached patch and commit it, if it works?

daniel