Merging the android plugin to Qt Creator

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 09:26:58 CEST 2011

Hi Ray,

>>k) Settings Path and Renaming to Necessitas
>> If you do want to have a different name/settings path, then there are quite a few places which need to be fixed and the default should be "Qt Creator" not "Necessitas Qt Creator"
>I guess it's irrelevant when we joint Qt Creator mainline, but I'm not
>sure I get you, do you mean use a different organization name but the
>same application name?

It will have only one organization (Nokia) because it will be shipped
with Nokia SDK.
Of course we'll keep another branch with this changes to ship our own SDK.

>BogDan, what will happen to Necessitas if it's all main-lined? I guess
>there's still plenty to do, but that's mostly on the side of things
>that you hack on, I wonder whether I'll just do NDK stuff after that?
>Or maybe I'll actually use it instead of just building releases of it
>all the time ;-)

After Necessitas will be all main-lined I'll get drunk !
Also, even if it will be main-lined, we'll have to maintain it, because
I don't think Nokia will do it :), the good part is that everything anybody
will add to Qt(Framework/Creator/Mobility) it will not brake our work :)
We'll still need to build the Necessitas SDK repos, because Nokia's
SDK installer will relay on us, AFAIK they will not provide any
Android SDK.

>Slightly untidyly, there are more comments in-line!

Cheers,
BogDan.