ARMvX?

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at nokia.com
Tue Jul 19 18:35:12 CEST 2011

Sorry the last mail was not finished ;)

Again:
Hi Folks,

at the contribute summit (or better the day before) we had some discussions
about different arm version.

All I could find:
There might be ARM11 devices: http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Shenzen-
State-Micro-Technology/

using Samsung S3C6410

This is arm11 => armv6 => not armv7a
===> we want to keep support for armabi (without -v7a)
right so far?
(Although I'm not sure if the market share of those devices is even close to
1%)

But we can safely assume that every arm device will have fpu ... I haven't
found anything with any old/smaller arm then ARM11(e.g. Xscale, ARM9)
  ... although I not all ARM11 have VFP (aka. fpu, right?)
  ... maybe all android devices have them... or not?

Any opinions?

... maybe this is already been discussed/decisions made and I'm just not aware
off :)

Greets
Thomas