Found out the problem with building qt android platform plugins...

mingw android mingw.android at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 10:08:40 CEST 2011

Hi BogDan,

The issue isn't whether they need android specific libraries, the
thing is, when we're building Android Qt itself, we've got to get all
of the plugins (android or not) to go down the path in qt.prf where we
check if the path contains files/qt and if so don't modify it to
/libs/armeabi*:

        QTBUILDLIBS=$$find(target.path, "/files/qt/")
        isEmpty( QTBUILDLIBS ): {
            CONFIG(armeabi-v7a) : target.path=/libs/armeabi-v7a/
                           else : target.path=/libs/armeabi/
        }

I think it's more proper to do QT += instead of QT = as that's what
most of them do anyway and it seems useful to be able to know (e.g. in
qt.prf) that they're being built for android.

However, so long as you can get all of the plugins to hit my
QTBUILDLIBS check and not modify the path in that case, then it'll be
fine.

Cheers,

Ray.