Windows

mingw android mingw.android at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:56:10 UTC 2011

Hi Paul,

Short answer: the latest stable versions of MinGW, MSYS and MinGW GCC
(4.5.2)

Please see:

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=ministro.git&a=blob&h=6ad47e74f6a8b96fce3a1680799152163fedc9e2&hb=38fa3646db8b3c3d1f62ac79f89c06ea24611750&f=Necessitas_SDK/BootstrapMinGWAndroid.vbs

...Sorry, it's a bit of vbs, but I wanted to use a language that's
guaranteed to be available on a completely fresh Windows install, and one
that allows downloading things from HTTP. This script will download MinGW,
MSYS and msys git for you.

Then, once you've got your msys installed you should be able to:

cd /usr
mkdir src
cd src
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/ministro

see:

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=ministro.git&a=blob&h=0361f72949a209be0ef638e02a989fdf1db80488&hb=38fa3646db8b3c3d1f62ac79f89c06ea24611750&f=Necessitas_SDK/setup_mingw_for_necessitas_build.sh

or just execute:

./setup_mingw_for_necessitas_build.sh

...this shell script will install mostly everything needed to build the
Necessitas SDK and various versions of the Google NDK. I've noticed that
there may be an iconv issue with the host Qt; it was a case of having to
move some dll files (and .dll.a files) from /usr/lib so that configure
doesn't pick them up (the problem is that it finds some MSYS dlls in there
due to needing a mixed MSYS/MinGW setup, and MSYS stuff must not get
compiled in).

If you want to build the NDK, then you'll be able to do that too. I had to
patch one of the MinGW headers (the shell script does this for you already).

I've never tried to build it with the Visual Studio toolchain as personally,
I'm not interested in non-free tools, but feel free to try it and submit any
patches that are needed to make it work. If you want to join the effort
though, I'd advise concentrating on the MinGW/MSYS side of things as that's
what our releases will always be compiled with (Nokia uses MSVC for their
releases though).

As for the demos, examples and documentation, there's no good reason we're
not including them; I think they were excluded from the build just to speed
up the turn-around time. It's on my list though.

Cheers,

Ray.