[MassifVisualizer] legend placement and save as

contact at arnolddumas.fr contact at arnolddumas.fr
Wed May 21 15:26:38 UTC 2014

Le 2014-05-20 23:02, Burlen Loring a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> I really love the massif-visualizer, it's been tremendously helpful digging into memory consumption issues in a complex application that has to run for long periods of time!!
>
> I found that the legend could occlude a fairly large portion of the chart making it hard to see and interact with the chart. Since the project is so helpful to me I wanted to contribute. I've added ability to control the placement of the legend and change it's font size. For instance it could be placed beside the chart now. I also added a "save as" menu item so that the charts can be saved to an image for sharing with collaborators.
>
> here are images produced using the new "save as" feature showing the original issue and new placement control, and a screen shot of the settings dialog.
> original [2], legend-east-top-10pt [3], settings [4]
>
> I'm sending git style patches with this mail, which I hope could be reviewed and applied assuming they are up to snuf. I hope that these are welcome. If there's a better way to submit changes for review, please point me to it.
>
> Thanks
> Burlen

Hi,

 First, thanks for contributing to massif-visualizer.

 I'm not the one to say wether your patches could be accepted or not,
but I find the idea of moving the legend pleasant. I haven't tested them
yet, but I already saw some little details that should be addressed,
such as missing i18n() calls.

 Btw, the place to submit patches is: git.reviewboard.kde.org. It's
easier to review them there.

 Let's wait for Milian's answer. ;)

 Thanks,
 Arnold