[MassifVisualizer] New feature proposal : Open differents files at one time

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Oct 11 08:46:18 UTC 2013

On Thursday 10 October 2013 18:03:50 Arnold Dumas wrote:
> Le 10/10/2013 14:55, Arnold Dumas a écrit :

> >> Personally I just looked at the screenshot and didn't find any
> >> difference. A
> >> friend here had the same issue. Sideways tabs are I think not a good
> >> choice
> >> here, I'm afraid. They are not very well discoverable.
> >>
> >> It is difficult though to find a proper GUI to enable an MDI in massif
> >> visualizer. Do you have any other ideas? Maybe we add the documents
> >> tab on top
> >> and put the graph tabs on bottom? I.e. similar to the custom
> >> allocators /
> >> massif data?
> >>
> >> Bye
> >
> > Actually it's not really eye-catching this way, I really need to think
> > more about it.
> > Your idea seems to be good. I'll do some UI tests later on to see what
> > is the best options.

Jup, that looks OK I think. Now, if you could add some icons to the tabs that
would be even better. "office-chart-area-stacked" for the stacked diagram, and
"kgraphviewer" for the callgraph tab. For the document tabs we can simply use
"unknown" or maybe "application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart". Otherwise try
out "kdialog --geticon blub" and look at the icons to find something you think
could fit.

Thanks for working on this!

PS: Please register on the Massif-Visualizer mailing list
(https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/massif-visualizer) so that I don't have
to manually accept your emails every time there ;-)
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de