[MassifVisualizer] New feature proposal : Open differents files at one time

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Oct 10 13:51:09 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 08 October 2013 19:37:34 Arnold Dumas wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I've tought about a new feature for massif-visualizer. It could be nice
> to open different massif.* at one time.
> I've done some UI simulation, please see in the attachements. Before
> going through all the implementation stuff, I'd like to collect some
> feedback.
> Do you guys think it worth it ?

Personally I just looked at the screenshot and didn't find any difference. A
friend here had the same issue. Sideways tabs are I think not a good choice
here, I'm afraid. They are not very well discoverable.

It is difficult though to find a proper GUI to enable an MDI in massif
visualizer. Do you have any other ideas? Maybe we add the documents tab on top
and put the graph tabs on bottom? I.e. similar to the custom allocators /
massif data?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff