[MassifVisualizer] Stack profiling

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Mon Oct 1 10:09:12 UTC 2012

On Monday 01 October 2012 10:43:41 Milian Wolff wrote:
> On Saturday 29 September 2012 14:00:21 Jorge Adriano Branco Aires wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to visualise stack usage information with
> > massif-visualizer?
> >
> > Here is a log I produced with massif:
> > http://pastebin.com/Nf7S3vVR
> >
> > This is the corresponding (ascii) graph produced by ms_print showing
> > increased stack usage:
> > http://pastebin.com/RUH79P4C
> >
> > This is what I get with massif-visualizer, only heap info and nothing
> > about the stack:
> > http://i.imgur.com/GvLek.png
> >
> > Is there any way to get a graph similar to the one produced by ms_print?
>
> Ah, never used that yet. I think I'll spent some time on that and implement
> it later. Please stay tuned.

Ok, please try current git master - it should work there now (at least similar
to how ms_print works). Is it possible to get a log file that has both, stack
and heap profile information? If so, please share one of these then one could
see how that is being shown and maybe improve it a bit (clearly show what is
stack and what is heap).

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff