[MassifVisualizer] Re: Few problems

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jan 5 15:48:59 CET 2011

Tomasz Melcer, 05.01.2011:
> On 03.01.2011 19:01, Tomasz Melcer wrote:
> > Firstly I tried to open a massif output file using File->Open, but the
> > dialog window did not display any of them. I managed to open it only
> > when I started typing `massif.` in the text field below.
> >
> > Secondly there is nothing displayed in the 'Detailed Snapshot Analysis'
> > tab, even though there are plenty of snapshots in the list on the right
> > side. I guess this is the behavior when the application does not find
> > kgraphviewer?
>
> Both problems disappeared when I installed kgraphviewer and massif into
> /usr/local/ (on another machine, where I do have root access).

This indicates that some parts of your environment where not setup properly
before.

I personally use the mechanism described in [1] to build all my CMake
projects. You could try it out yourself. Of course the only interesting part
for you would be the "setting up your environment" section together with the
basic bash incantations:

cs kgraphviewer
cmakekde
cs massif-visualizer