[MassifVisualizer] (no subject)

Yann Thierry-Mieg Yann.Thierry-Mieg at lip6.fr
Tue Nov 16 17:29:46 CET 2010

Thanks for building this tool, it does sort of crash sometimes, but I
installed without difficulty on my Mandriva.
Nice tool on top of the excellent/great/[insert your own favorite
superlative here] valgrind.
Massif has much fewer gui than most tools in the suite (e.g.
kcachegrind...).

BTW, anybody know how to interpret the "extra-heap" column ?
I get almost 30% of my memory locked up as "extra-heap". :/
This doesn't look like management bytes (1 per bloc), and unless ALL my
allocation are 5 bytes padded to 8 I don't see how 30% waste is possible.

Again, cheers for massif-visualizer

= Yann Thierry-Mieg, Maître de conférences
= Labo. d'Informatique de Paris 6 (LIP6),