[Marble] Re: Custom Maps

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Nov 10 02:21:20 CET 2010

Hi Pieter,

On Tuesday, 9. November 2010 20:31:17 Pieter Van Schaik wrote:
> Dear Marble Developers,
>
> I would like to create my own custom maps to be used with Marble. I would
> appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction to get
> started.

Currently there is a wiki about this topic available here:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/CustomMaps

It's just a starting point at the moment and it could certainly need
improvement. I'd like to see it more driven by example, so if you have any
suggestions for improvement don't hesitate to edit the wiki :-)

Of course looking at the existing dgml files that specify the appearance of
the map will help. You could especially have a look at the optional maps that
get provided for Download:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/edu/marble/newstuff/maps/

What kind of map would you like to create?

Best Regards,

Torsten