How to debug marble-qt in build folder without sudo make install

王璀 WANG Cui iucgnaw at msn.com
Tue Mar 21 13:22:38 GMT 2023

Hi Torsten,
Indeed, Qt Creator is working perfectly, build, install and debug.

Just further question, since there is no .pro.user similar file, where does Qt Creator store those customized settings in the Project tab? Like: turned on build components, added Build Step for install, Command line arguments, etc.
I see there is a auto generated file “qtcsettings.cmake” in build folder, but this only contains cmake build flag, no other settings.

P.S. I am still checking why debug in VS Code is so slow. When run marble-qt via VS Code C/C++ Debug, below output is strange:
--------
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
--------
And the program icon in taskbar is not the normal Marble icon, but same as VS Code icon. Looks like the debug marble-qt process is not spawned as normal launch?
When I used to debug with VS Code for other Qt applications, it works fine, maybe there is something specific in Marble application?

WANG Cui