AW: How to debug marble-qt in build folder without sudo make install

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sun Mar 19 15:32:52 GMT 2023

Hello,

thanks for looking into the adventure of compiling marble-qt (which should
be relatively easy compared to other software).

Your problem sounds like a typical one that frequently happens to people
compiling on Ubuntu/Debian.
As a possible quick fix you might want to start marble-qt on the
terminal/shell via:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib marble-qt

In case this works you might want to follow up on this stackoverflow
question (the common place where coders borrowed their
knowledge/codesamples from before chatgpt arrived):

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69061258/permanent-fix-for-export-ld-library-path-usr-local-libld-library-path

Hope this helps :-)

BR
Torsten