Request for using marble maps on my website

Johannes Zarl-Zierl johannes at zarl-zierl.at
Sun Apr 17 22:16:43 BST 2022

Dear Aleksandar,

Am Sonntag, 17. April 2022, 11:43:56 CEST schrieb Aleksandar Abramovic:
> my name is Aleksandar Abramovic and I created a website with historical
> contents.
>
> By doing this I edited maps created by marble with photoshop and now I´m
> asking if is allowed to put those maps on my website and if is allowed by
> which terms?

I'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know the license of the map has nothing to
do with marble itself, as marble is only the renderer for the map data. (Of
course you are free to mention marble anyways).

If you hover the mouse over the map theme dialog, you'll see some information
regarding the map, including source and license information. Some themes (e.g.
the Satellite View) don't show a license here - if you enable the license info
box (View >> Info Boxes >> License), you get additional information
specifically on the map license (e.g. "Public domain").

Cheers,
  Johannes